Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My baby is 1

It really is true that time flies the more children you have. I can honestly say that I tried really hard to savor each time I held him, rocked him, fed him, etc. As the demands of motherhood beckoned me to other things, it was the quiet times I cherished, the alone times, (rare) that I valued most with Tillman. I wanted to do things right this time and right, for me, was to make sure I treasured the moments I take for granted because I get so busy trying not to sink into disorder around my own home...keeping up with the other children's schedules was "tight." Somehow, even though life was kicking me in the bootie, I was able to really enjoy Tillman and savor the wonderful firsts of his precious new life. It seemed that whenever life was getting edgy, he would flash me that "t-man" smile and melt my heart. He has a way of communicating with his eyes that is so captivating, that I would forget about the stress of life for a brief moment. So, I hope you are captivated by this little 1st year slide show as much as I have been, making it.

1 comment:

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I can hardly believe it has been a year! It seems like yesterday that he was just a cuddly little thing. I remember seeing him all snuggled up on you and commenting how I love "snuggly babies".