Friday, November 14, 2008

MOTRIN MISHAP!

Kazzlyn is only 3 1/2, but she has had more adventures in her life than ALL OF MY OTHER children put together.....AND I AM NOT JOKING! Last night we came home from Barros pizza with my fam and brother and his wife and Tman was running a fever (lovely ear infections); and so i gave him his dose of motrin....the phone rings....its my mom needing the bag of trinkets she left on the couch....i put the cap back on the medicine (or so i thought) and gave my mom her bag. Then i went back to taking care of the Tman... you know cuddling the sick one until his fever went down. After I put him to bed 45 minutes later, i also put my girls down. Then I headed off to the kitchen to try and pick up from our current remodel (that is a whole nother entry). when i went to reach for the newly bottle of Motrin i had just opened to give Tman ....I couldn't find it......ALL i COULD FIND was an empty one. OH NO! WHO DRANK THE MOTRIN? i knew who it was immediatley! it was like her guardian angels, which i believe she has an entire slew of them, were saying "Kazzlyn, go check Kazzlyn" of course i ran into her room and tried to wake her up and Stockton and i both were trying to shake her awake. i asked her if she drank the bottle (4 oz) and she says, "i don't wanna talk about it" Stockton says, "smell her face mom" so i smelled her face and sure enough she had "berry motrin" all over it. i'm sure it was even more yummy by the bottle! I was feeling pretty good about NOT having to call poison control in a while...alas....another call! i am SO GLAD its never the same person! whew! the poison control lady first says, " ok mom, calm down motrin is NOT a big deal" that is all i needed to hear....whew! IT TURNS OUT, THAT ACCORDING TO HER WEIGHT AND AGE, SHE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE AT LEAST 3-4 BOTTLES OF MOTRIN TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL! THIS ENTRY is TO INFORM ANY WHO HAVE THIS SITUATION: IF ITS A BOTTLE OF TYLENOL, YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!! YET ANOTHER BIG WHEW! I got to see my reaction all over again when Tim walked in from his latest work road trip to Vegas and i told him she had drank a bottle of children's motrin: tim with eyes wide and ready to take to the hospital says: "the WHOLE BOTTLE?" after reassuring him like the poison control official reassured me, we both LAUGHED. THERE IS surely NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH HER AROUND!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'll bet she felt GREAT all night long!

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

We just had our own Motrin situation a few weeks ago! Good thing she wasn't allergic to it like my little guy!

amy said...

oh my goodness. what a scare. glad it all worked out.

Susan Chipps said...

Which one of her great aunts does she take after?? LOL Love you S