Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, another birthday for me too






Yesterday was my birthday...hooray for another I say! I remember when I couldn't wait for my birthday and it seemed as though I was always the last one in my class to have one, since mine fell later in the year. It turns out, that I am also the last one of our little family to have a birthday and my darling Kazzy said to me today, "mommy, is my birthday next?" "yes, yours is the next one, but after Christmas" Kazz: "yes! mines next!" And I get to relive that incredible anticipation of birthdays through my children since mine is slowly fading. I spent the day in style eating at Crackers for breakfast with my mom and Tillman. What a difference eating with one child is verses 5, I definitely felt like I needed to slow down on my eating, I would tell my mom, "I need to slow down," I am so used to being rushed by my children or by their behavior that I didn't think I could ever enjoy a meal out again. Well, happy birthday to me!!!! After eating and enjoying my meal and conversation, I got to enjoy another fun birthday luncheon at Sweet Cakes with all of my wonderful joy school moms...but this luncheon celebrated all of our fall and summer birthdays, it just happened to fall on mine...how lucky am I? I finished my day with my children as we drove to In and Out Burger (their second choice....they wanted sit down and I told them that didn't sound so fun for me, since Tim was out of town....they agreed). Whew! then it was time for family night minus Tim, but he wasn't this time, because my oldest felt like we should call him and have him listen and participate over the telephone. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of how their faces were really trying to hope Dad could hear their singing and their singing was absolutely fabulous! I felt the spirit, in that tiny act of kindness to involve their hero in their favorite thing, family home evening! It was a GREAT DAY!

4 comments:

Malissa said...

Glad you had a good day!! Happy Birthday!!

Cyn said...

Happy birthday to you!!! Fun that you and your sweetheart have birthday's so close. Glad it was a good one!

(I really thought I had you on the list! I got interupted and must have not hit "save" or something. Sorry and thanks for pointing it out.)

Mary Ann said...

Happy Happy b.day to you!! I know what you mean about the excitment of b.day fading!! Kind of sad! Who is from your stake? Christian and Stephanie?? How sad... It's an uplifting story at the same time!

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Isn't it lovely to have a birthday that is filled with things you love- yet so simple? Sounds like you had my ideal day.
Anyways, Happy Belated Birthday!